My gorgeous girl Charlotte turned 6 last month, so been a creative mum and a mum that owns a Online Party Store I feel it is essential to really celebrate in style! Charlotte is obsessed with all things rainbow at the moment! So, since it was during the Autumn months and we live on the Sunshine Coast QLD which has maybe a day or two a year that is slightly cooler, we decided to have a outdoor rainbow birthday party!! As it is Charlotte’s first year at school we decided to go ahead and invite the entire class, yes it was big but it was a great opportunity for me to meet the other mums and for Charlotte to bond with her new friends. Charlotte was very shy when she started at school as this is naturally her nature and we had just moved interstate from Sydney so she knew No One at all and had missed the getting ready for school days the year before starting school so she struggled to make friends at first. I have to say the party was a huge turning point for Charlotte. Immediately everyone knew who Charlotte was after this fantastic birthday party and everyone wanted to be her friend, well done mum!! After you have looked at the pictures below please see underneath them some Rainbow Party Food recipes and ideas.
So back to the party.
Below were the invitations that went out to all the party guest, to let all her new friends know that the theme was a rainbow birthday party we obviously had the invitations made up to be rainbow party invitations and we added a extra not on the invite to come dressed in your favourite colours. If you wish to purchase these invitations please head over to https://onestopkidspartyshop.com.au/product/8-rainbow-party-invitations/
So the day came around for the big Rainbow Party and I had to get up very very early to do the finishing touches to the rainbow party cake and set up all the rainbow party decorations and games. We purchased an inflatable rainbow slide of the internet and we already have a permanent swing set and monkey bars in our backyard. We also have a large springfree trampoline with we covered in rainbow balloons. I also had stick the horn on the unicorn rainbow party party game ready to go and a Rainbow pinata so I was pretty confident the kids would have lots to do.
Each of the guests got to take home a special rainbow loot bag and within each of the party bags I put a very special Rainbow Beaded Necklace which can be purchased through our website. I also filled the bags with Rainbow stickers, Rainbow Candy as well as Rainbow Bouncy Balls I like to put in party favours that the kids can actually use and keep for sometime after the party as a thankyou for coming and just something special to reflect and look back on and what is really nice is a lot of Charlottes friends have since worn their rainbow necklace to other kids parties in their class it is really cool how they all have the same matching piece of jewellery.
- your favourite sugar cookie recipe or sugar cookie mix from the grocery store
- liquid or gel food colouring in red, yellow, blue and green
- Make your cookie dough and separate into six separate servings in a bowl
- Add food colouring to each serving and mix well. When mixing colours to get purple and orange, make sure to mix the colours in a spoon ahead of time to get an even coloured dough
- Chill your dough in the fridge for 30 minutes and then roll each serving out to about 1/4 inch thickness on a piece of plastic wrap. Make sure each piece is about the same size.
- Layer each piece on top of each other in the proper order (purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red) and put in freezer for a couple of hours.
- Once solid, remove from freezer and slice dough into 1/4 inch slices with a large sharp knife. Depending on the size of your ‘loaf’ you can half each cookie – make sure every cookie is about the same size.
- Place cookies carefully on parchment lined cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart (my dough spread from a small rectangle into 2.5 inch round cookies). Bake according to instructions until edges turn just golden.
- Let cool completely.
If you are worried the layers won’t stick, you can brush a little egg white between each layer when you assemble the cookies.
RAINBOW FAIRY BREAD ROLL UPS
- Slices of plain, soft white bread, room temperature
- Vanilla cake frosting
- A bazillion sprinkles
- Spread an even layer of vanilla frosting onto each slice of bread and coat liberally with sprinkles. Trim the crusts off the bread.
- Roll the sprinkled bread up like a sushi roll and cut each rolled up slice of bread into three pinwheel rounds, or desired thickness.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1/2 hour to help set the shape and keep the rolls from unravelling..
RAINBOW RICE CRISPIES
Simply Use premade Vanilla LCM’s and stick a paddle pod up the middle, I just used plain coloured paddle pop sticks but you can get coloured ones as well. and Betty Crockers Pre Made Vanilla icing and dye it using different colours then spread on top of LCM.