What you’ll need…
1 1/2 cup of self raising flour
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1/4 cup of milk
150g butter at room temperature
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. ¾ cup of thickened cream
2. 1 teaspoon of icing sugar
3. Strawberry jam
How to make Butterfly Cakes:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line a 24 patty cake tray with paper cases.
2. In a mixing bowl add the butter, sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric beater until light and creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time beating well.
4. Fold in half the flour and milk until combined then the remaining flour and milk until well combined.
5. Spoon into paper cases and bake for 15 minutes or until cakes are golden.
6. Allow cakes to cool.
1. Whip the cream and icing sugar together
2. Using a sharp knife, cut a ‘V’ shape out of the top of each cupcake. Cut the ‘V’ shape in half to form wings.
4. Position the wings in the cream and dust with icing sugar.