Party bags are a must at any party but don’t get carried away by filling them with lots of expensive goodies. Often it’s simply the look of a party bag and the excitement of not knowing what’s inside that really makes them a big hit at any party.
Make party bags bright and colourful and fill them with all sorts of weird and wonderful toys you come across. Children love things with their name on so try and personalise each party bag with pens or name stickers. But most importantly, be creative and enjoy the look on everyone’s faces as your party bags are brought out at the end of the party… just remember to keep them hidden or some troublesome creatures might find them before the party is over! Here are some Fun Filled Party Bag ideas…
1) Themed Party Loot Bags – although not the most eco-friendly of all the bags, they are great for matching the theme of your party and are a party bag staple. Fill them with fun presents that match your theme, such as stationery, stickers, chocolates and don’t forget a slice of napkin-wrapped birthday cake.
2) Take Home Craft Kit- One of our top fav take home party favour ideas here at One Stop Kids Party Shop is a take home craft kit!! There are so many wonderful kids party take home craft kit ideas. You can have a take home Mr or Mrs grass head, a little take home craft pack with a notepad, crayons, stickers, goggly eyes and so forth, a take home dream catcher kit, take home Jewellery or treasure box kit there are so many wonderful take home craft kit ideas and at One Stop Kids Party Shop we are just about to introduce a whole craft party category which will include take home craft kits or craft kits for the kids to actually make whilst they are at the birthday party. If you would like to know more about this please email us at email@example.com and we can send you through our products and prices as this section is currently not listed on the website (April 2016).
3) Cello Party Bags – Fill cello party bags with sweets, little goodies or even just a soft toy. Use loosely scrunched tissue paper to add colour and a sense of fullness to the bags- no child likes something half-full! Tie the tops with curling ribbon, puff them out and fluff them so they sit neatly. Children will love the anticipation of not knowing what’s inside until they get home.
4) Gift cups – These are a novel way to pack up your party goodies and they can be used time and time again. Place each cup (filled with treats) in a clear cellophane bag and tie with some colourful curling ribbon. Choose colours and cup designs to match the theme of your party such as pirate, jungle, princess or pony.
4) Balloon Treat – Perhaps not a traditional party bag but a fun way to send each guest home. Stuff a little toy or wrapped sweets into a deflated balloon. (remember to gently stretched the balloon first) Blow up with helium and tie a knot at the bottom to hold in you treat. Tie with curling ribbon and hand these out at the end of the party. Helium balloons have a habit of flying off so perhaps tie them loosely onto a child’s wrist to avoid any tears. Alternatively tie each balloon to a food box filled with a piece of party cake.
5) Paper Party Bags – A traditional favourite and better still, environmentally friendly. Mix and match bright colours and seal each one with a name sticker. For a more retro look, use brown paper bags tied with string or ribbon and write the names in black marker pen.
6) Pre-filled Party Bags – If you are running out of time, you will love the pre-filled party bags and they are such good value too. You can find themed pre-filled party bags to fit with your party theme and the goodies inside have been specially chosen by the party experts, who know what children love best!
7) Fabric Party Bags – A unique and more luxurious party bag option. Fill with little goodies and tie with ribbon. Children will love these as they can keep them after the party to put valuables in.
8) Green Party Bags – Choose paper or fabric bags filled with eco friendly toys that will last well after the party has ended. Things like wooden beads, pencils or puzzles are great. Being ‘green’ is all the rage at the moment so keep it in mind.
9) Creative Party Bags – Using plain fabric party bags, ask your little guests to decorate their own bag using fabric paints, pens and glitter. Alternatively you can use plain paper party bags and decorate these with feathers, stickers and sequins. A fun way to get the party started. Leave them to dry during the party and fill them with all sorts of goodies before they leave.
10) Keepsake Pouches – a great choice for little girls, organza bags can be kept after the party for other treasures. Fill each bag with girly accessories such as sparkly bracelets, hair clips and hair ties. You could even fill each one with a mouth-watering cupcake, an edible treat to devour on the way home.
11) Party Boxes – Not only great for party picnics, party boxes have a wide range of uses and work well as going home presents! Line each one with a coloured napkin and fill with all sorts of party treats, including a slice of birthday cake. There are lots of fun and original designs to choose from to fit with your party theme such as fairy castles, treasure chests and even tool kit boxes.
Party Bag Top Tips….
- Fill the bags with the same party fillers to avoid the ‘I prefer his/her toy to mine’ moment.
- Choose party fillers to match the theme of the party – there are hundreds to choose from.
- Keep the party bags hidden during the day to avoid any peeking!
- Personalise them with stickers or labels to avoid confusion and to make sure you haven’t forgotten anyone.
- Keep them colourful, bright and simple – curling ribbon adds a special touch.
- Make them a priority – a party is not a party without a party bag!!
For lots more Party Bag Fillers/Favours visit One Stop Kids Party Shop Australia.