Are you planning a Rainbow Party for your little girl or boys next birthday party or special celebration? Or perhaps you need a good go to recipe for regular play dates. Then One Stop Kids Party Shop simple yet very popular Rainbow Marshmallows are what you need. And if you require any Rainbow party supplies or kids party supplies and party decorations then One Stop Kids Party Shop is on stand by ready to help you out with these requirements as well. Please see below for our famous Rainbow Party Marshmallow recipe.
This recipe truly is simple – only 4 ingredients; water, unflavored gelatin (like Knox), sugar and vanilla, that’s it! And yes – no eggs!
After the gelatin and sugar are heated until dissolved and cooled slightly, you need about 15 minutes of whipping the mixture until stiff peaks form.
This recipe makes a full 13×9 pan full, about 75 marshmallows. I decided we really didn’t need that many marshmallows, so we divided the glass pans into thirds using a piece of cardboard covered with parchment paper.
Depending on the amount you need, you could make 3 batches and divide them in half. Or if you have enough pans the same size, you can certainly use them.
For the 6 colors – red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple – I divided the batter into about 2 1/2 cups for each color. Then added about 1/4 teaspoon of coloring to each, it does take quite a bit of coloring to get the vibrant colors. Be sure to use No Taste Red, or it will taste bitter.
- 1½ cups water
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin (about 2 teaspoons per packet)
- 2¼ cups sugar, granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered Sugar for tossing, optional
- In a medium saucepan on the stove, add water and sprinkle gelatin over
- Let set 1 minute
- Add sugar and vanilla, stir to combine
- Heat mixture just until sugar is dissolved, about 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat and let cool until you can almost hold your hand on the side of pan
- Transfer to stand mixer and beat on high speed for 15-20 minutes until stiff peaks form
- Transfer to 13×9 pan and chill at least 2 hours or overnight
- For colored marshmallows – divide batter and add coloring
- Pour into pan and spread evenly
- Cut into 1 inch squares. Toss in Powdered Sugar if desired.