We have the latest trendy and traditional baby shower decorations for you to choose from. Don’t worry about leaving your home or stressing out with store-hopping. At One Stop Kids Party Shop you will find a wonderful selection of baby shower decorations, Invitations, supplies, shower favors, and keepsakes at low discount prices. Have fun shopping for all of your baby shower decorations needs, and be sure to take advantage of our FREE shipping offer.
Baby Shower Tips/Suggestions
- Candy buffets are becoming very popular at all types of parties. What better way to delight your guests than with a colorful baby shower candy buffet filled with baby-themed treats?
- Make sure to get a handful of small prizes/Gifts for baby shower party game winners. If your not sure what to get or where to get it let One Stop Kids Party Shop send you a list of products we can order in for you to give out as small prizes that are specific for Baby Shower Parties.
- If you are organising the baby shower party for yourself or even a close friend or family don’t be shy to delegate most people are very excited about the upcoming party and are more than happy to help out which will make the financial stress of hosting a baby shower party a thing of the past. Have one or two friends send out the invites, another 2 people to organise the venue/time, another two or three friends organise the tableware, and another couple of friends organise the games and prizes. Then have a few friends put together the take home baby shower favours/goody bags. As you can see when you break down all the things involved in organising a baby shower party it is too much for one person to be expected to do.
- Get each guest to bring along a plate of food to take the pressure of the host both financially and time wise, maybe make things fun by suggesting a theme for the food, you can make this request as a part of the invitations. Or if you want to keep things more traditional just include a note in each of the invitations maybe asking some guest’s to bring a salad, another couple of guest’s to bring sandwiches, another few to bring chips, cheese, dip, fruit platter and another few guests to brings a dessert.
- Make sure your Mum to Be has a comfortable chair/lounge that is specifically designed for her. By the time most Mum’s to be have reached their baby shower they are very heavily pregnant and you want to make sure that your mummy is not only comfortable but made to feel like a princess at her shower. Design/Decorate a very comfortable chair or small lounge for your mummy to be and make it very obvious this is her seat and her seat only. This way she will feel confident knowing she does not have to stand on her feet the whole time etc.
- Have a baby shower registry for the baby shower gifts. You do not want the mum to be ending up with 25 newborn onesies, or 30 pacifiers!! It is better to sit down as part of the baby shower party preparation with the expecting mum and dad to be and have a discussion as to what they really need. Then perhaps put together a baby shower registry. Email the registry out to the guest’s and do a first in first serve system. So each guest nominates from the list of gift idea’s what they would like to get the new mum to be and you. There is always going to be guest that do not like the idea of been told what they can or can not get the new mum to be and that’s fine just be gracious as after all the baby shower party is about the celebration of the new baby not about the gifts and it is not worth offending family or close friends at this time as it is a happy time. There may be generational differences or cultural differences that will cause there is to be some guest’s on edge with a baby shower registry so just check with the mum and dad to be as they know their family the best.
- Another idea with the baby shower gift might be that everyone donates what they can towards a large present that the new mummy and daddy need such as a cot and bedside drawers, pram, car seat and so on. You can make it a confidential donation so if anyone is experiencing financial hardship they are not left feeling embarrassed.
At the end of the day a baby shower party can be a fantastic fun event that a mum to be will remember for a life time, so it is important to put some planning and thought into the shower after all there is nothing better in the world than celebrating the arrival of a new baby.
This blog is written by Cassandra Marshall owner of One Stop Kids Party Shop and is subject to copyright laws. If you wish to borrow any material from this blog permission needs to be granted first.